Encaustic Painting Bootcamp
Have you ever wondered what kind of painting you could create with beeswax? Have you thought you’d like to give it a try sometime? Here’s your chance to learn the basics and many creative techniques in just one day!
Your introduction to encaustic painting explores:
- What is encaustic anyway?
- Hot wax fusing techniques
- Creating lines and shapes
- Using photos and other media
- Smooth surfaces and textures
- How to make your own supplies!
- Different types of surfaces and supports
- Other ways to get creative with encaustic
- Where to get supplies, videos, and reference materials
- How to work safely with wax
There are several ways to create art with wax. This introductory workshop focuses on learning to paint with hot wax on a hard surface. We will be using birch plywood as our surface. The wax medium is made with natural beeswax and damar crystals.
All (yes all!) supplies will be provided, and you can take your artistic creations home with you! Bootcamps will be located near Old Town Albuquerque.