The Española Valley Fiber Arts Center, in conjunction with the Northern New Mexico Regional Arts Center’s 2014 Española Valley Harvest Celebration, announces Harvest of Traditions: Expressions in the Fiber Arts, an exhibition at Convento Gallery, Plaza de Española, featuring work by several EVFAC member artists. The show runs October 8 – November 15, with a reception on Friday, October 17, at 5pm at Convento Gallery. Visit EVFAC’s event page on Facebook for more info, including an updating list of participating artists.
October 8th – November 15th
Convento Gallery – Española Plaza
This show is run in conjunction with the Española Valley Harvest Celebration and will feature work by several EVFAC members:
Beatrice Maestas Sandoval
Ercilia M. Brazil
Reception will be on Friday, October 17 at 5:00pm at the Convento Gallery.
- Year-round adult classes in all aspects of traditional and contemporary weaving, spinning, dyeing, knitting, beadwork, basketry and other fiber arts.
- Evening presentations and other educational events
- Meeting and workshop space for fiber arts guilds and local college classes
- A children’s summer fiber arts day camp and a variety of learning experiences for children of all ages
- Interest groups in spinning, knitting, quilting, weaving and other topics
- Moderately priced yarns, fiber, looms, and other equipment, supplies and books
- Group participation in shows and exhibits
- Enchanted Fibers, a gallery space where members’ work is offered for sale
- A fully equipped fiber arts studio with a full range of equipment for weaving, spinning, sewing, dyeing, felting and surface design for use by members and students
- An extensive fiber arts reference library
- A stimulating environment for the interchange of ideas and energy
- Training for fiber artists in entrepreneurship and production, as well as apprenticeship opportunities
Upcoming workshops include Weaving ABCs with Inger Seitz, Knitting Circles around Your Neck with Kathy Konecki, and much, much more. Read more at www.evfac.org.